I-85 Road Closure Notice
A major fire broke out beneath an elevated section of I-85 north of Midtown Atlanta on March 30, causing a 350-foot section of the highway to collapse. Fortunately, no one was injured. Vehicle travel on parts of I-85 will be impacted for the foreseeable future.
While officials develop an action plan to repair the interstate, please check the Atlanta Midtown Alliance website for the latest information and travel options.
» I-85 Roadway Closure
From South Atlanta (85N)
- Take I-85 North to exit 250 (10th Street/Georgia Tech).
- Turn Right onto 10th Street.
- Go to third light and turn Left onto Peachtree Street.
- Go to the fifth light and the Woodruff Arts Center is on the left corner of Peachtree and 15th Streets.
- Turn Left onto 15th Street and go 1 block.
- Turn Right onto Arts Center Way to enter the Woodruff Arts Center Garage on Right.
From Northeast Atlanta (85S)
- Take I-85 South to exit 84 (17th, 14th, and 10th Streets) Bear Right and take the 17th Street Exit.
- Turn Left over the bridge.
- Continue on 17th Street, Stay Right pass Spring Street and West Turn Right on Peachtree Street.
- Turn Right on 15th Strret and go 1 block.
- Turn Right on Arts Center Way to enter the Woodruff Arts Center Garage on Right.
From Northwest Atlanta (75S)
- Take I-75 South to Exit 249-D to North Avenue and Turn left onto North Avenue.
- Go across the bridge to the second light and turn Left onto West Peachtree Street (follow for several blocks).
- Turn Right onto 15th Street and go 1 block.
- Turn Left onto Arts Center Way to enter the Woodruff Arts Center Garage on the Right.