The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra's Internship Program provides a unique learning opportunity for individuals interested in careers in performing arts administration and related fields. While internships are offered throughout the year, the majority of internships are available during the summer. Volunteer interns are placed in one of the many dynamic departments of the ASO.
The ASO internship program offers invaluable hands-on training and experience through participation in projects and assignments that allow for the practical application of academic knowledge and the development of business skills necessary for a career in the arts. Interns work side by side with arts professionals in such areas as production, public relations, financial management, marketing, arts education, and fundraising as they experience the day-to-day workings of a large, world-class symphony.
Currently Available Internships:
ASO PRESENTS: MARKETING INTERNSHIP
Who: The Marketing department of ASO Presents, a series of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, an operating division of the Robert W. Woodruff Arts Center, Inc. ASO Presents promotes concerts at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Alpharetta, Georgia, Delta Classic Chastain in Atlanta, Georgia and Atlanta Symphony Hall in Atlanta, Georgia.
Description: The intern will provide assistance on marketing projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with a variety of marketing activities and projects.
- Assist with maintaining and updating contact lists including, but not limited to: press, radio, print, television and other marketing partner contacts.
- Assist with maintaining print book.
- Assist with conducting industry-related research. Competition, historic sales and other artist research as needed.
- Assist with providing support for various marketing and promotional projects including database mailings, press mailings, radio promotions, retail promotions and texting programs.
- Work closely with the marketing coordinator to set up grass roots promotions. Assisting in research of potential promotional partners.
- Assisting in researching creative, new and strategic social media marketing across all platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr that engage fans, build venue fan base and raise show awareness.
- Gain email best practice knowledge as well as experience in assisting in deploying email campaigns.
- Gain real world experience by assisting the Marketing team on day to day activities.
Intern will gain experience and/or improve upon:
- Research skills
- Marketing department support
- Special projects
- Venue/Concert experience
- Candidates should be pursuing a college degree in public relations, communications, journalism, music, or a related field.
- Possess demonstrable writing and editing abilities, and be highly organized, computer-proficient, and comfortable with new challenges and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the music industry is preferred but not required.
Compensation: This internship is unpaid, but offers a great deal of hands on experience. College credit is available upon request and school approval.
Time: This is a part-time internship; the hours and time commitment are flexible to be set between the supervisor and the internship candidate prior to the start of the internship.
How To Apply:
Submit the following materials to ASOInternships@woodruffcenter.org
. Please include which internship you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- One page cover letter discussing career goals, computer skills, and why this internship interests you.
- One page resume.
- One letter of recommendation from an individual who can speak for your background and skills.