On Monday, September 22nd, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra regretfully announced the cancellation of its orchestral concerts through November 8, 2014, including the Opening Night performance of the 2014-15 Season on September 25 due to negotiations over a new collective bargaining agreement between ASO management and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Players’ Association. If an agreement is reached with the musicians before November 8, the classical season will be re-launched as soon as possible. The complete list of cancelled concerts is below.
The contract between ASO management and ASOPA expired on September 6, 2014 without agreement on terms of a new contract.
“We’ve made this decision with a great deal of reluctance,” said Atlanta Symphony Orchestra President & CEO Stanley E. Romanstein, Ph.D. “Cancelling concerts is the last thing any of us wants to do, but to respect the schedules of our patrons, guest artists, artistic partners and our 200-member volunteer chorus, we feel we have no other choice.”
For more information on the negotiations please click here.
ABOUT THE TICKETING PROCESS
We are encouraging all ticket holders to keep their tickets until the work stoppage is over. Below you will find information about ticket exchange options:
- You may exchange your tickets to a future Atlanta Symphony Orchestra concert. A list of future concerts with good seating availability will be mailed out when the work stoppage is over in order to help you make a choice of concerts.
- You may consider the full face value of your unused tickets as a contribution to the ASO.
- You can request a full cash refund for any concerts that are cancelled.
- You will be reimbursed for any service fees.
The ticket office will be open during normal business hours to assist with any exchanges or refunds.
Patrons with complimentary tickets can exchange into another concert, pending availability.
Parking may be exchanged along with your tickets on a space available basis. If space is not available, your parking will be refunded.
The current list of concerts that will not be performed includes:
- Opening Weekend - Sept 25, 27 and 28
- Beethoven 9 – Oct 2, 4 and 5
- Beethoven 6 – Oct 9 and 11
- Lang Lang – Oct 15*
- Ravel – Oct 16 and 18
- POPS! Jason Alexander – Oct 24 and 25
- FAMILY Halloween – Oct 25
- Grieg – Nov 6, 7 and 8
Please contact the ASO Season Tickets office at (404) 733-4800 with any questions, and thank you for your continued support and patronage of your Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.